As the annual County Tax Notices did not include the effects of the proposed $62 MILLION School Building Bond, here is an example of what you can expect for your property TAX, if the bond appears on the ballot in November and passes. (Update:the school board DID approve the bond to be voted on THIS year - through a mail-in ballot.)
Public Meeting Notice: "on August 18,2015, the Board of Education (the “Board”) of the Wasatch County School District, Utah (the“District”), adopted a resolution (the “Resolution”)"
It is uncertain at this time whether taxes will change in 2016 or 2017. (Update: if passed, taxes WILL increase next year.)
Approval of this $62,000,000 proposed bond:
- Will increase your school tax bond (debt) burden by over 60%, and
- Will increase your total school taxes by about 15% (for 2/3 or your total property Tax)
- AND increase your TOTAL property tax bill by about 10%
If you would like to compute YOUR new taxes go to this link to determine your own increased TAX burden.
- Enter YOUR 2015 Property Value and taxes in the GREEN boxes
- Enter YOUR School taxes in the YELLOW boxes for 2014 & 2015
- This blog will reflect the most recent entry.
Also please note:
- After a “truth” in taxation hearing Summer 2016 – the new building operating tax would probably begin BEFORE new buildings are finished.
- NO expenses appear to have been budgeted yet for modification of OLD pool area (= more $$$$)
- If the bond does NOT pass, the School District has 'promised' to implement better utilization of the existing schools - at a MUCH lower cost.